[Wien] Running LDA+U from w2web

Yurko Natanzon yurko.natanzon at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:50:01 CEST 2008

Dear wien2k users,
I'm a novice in this program and began learning wien2k from using
w2web as described in Quick Start section of the manual. I want to
repeat the standard TiC calculation with LDA+U(SIC) and compare the
results with standard GGA.

What I don't know is how to run LDA+U from w2web. There are only three
options in lstart: GGA-PBE, GGA-WC and LSDA. Which one to choose in
this case?

Further, in SCF section there is a tick "orbital pot (LDA+U)".
however, if I choose it, I get an error "Can't read file
//home/natanzon/wien2k/jobs/TiC/TiC.indmc."

I would be glad if you tell me which modifications should be provided
in TiC example from the manual, if I want to do LDA+U(SIC)
calculation.

I've carefully read the 7.2 section of the manual and got aquainted
with the input file format for ORB program, but I don't know how to
specify it using w2web and run SCF calculation. I'm running Wien2k_08
in serial mode on Intel Core 2 Duo Linux desktop.

thanks in advance,
Yuriy Natanzon