[Wien] Running wien2k on Macbook Pro

Yu Xie yu.xie at mat.ethz.ch
Sat May 17 16:52:26 CEST 2008

Dear Wien2k users,

I have a Macbook Pro with intel duo core and Mac OS X 10.5.2. I'm
trying to install wien2k to my laptop.

Based on previously discussion, I can get the executable code. But the
error comes out when I tried to do init_lapw. The error message is like
hci-public-dock-201-dhcp:bi yuxie$ init_lapw
next is setrmt
Automatic determination of RMTs. Please specify the desired RMT
reduction
compared to almost touching spheres.
Typically, for a single calculation just hit enter, for force
minimization
use 1-5; for volume effects you may need even larger reductions.

Enter reduction in %

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libutil.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/bin/perl
   Reason: Incompatible library version: perl requires version 1.0.0
or later, but libutil.dylib provides version 0.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

It's looks like something about the library incompatible. Because I
never run the wien2k on the macosx, does anyone has the situation or
could you give me some advices?

With my best wishes,

Yu