[Wien] doped compound

Anurag Chaudhry anuragchaudhry at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 07:41:24 CET 2008

Hello,

I am a beginning user of WIEN2K and would like to know how to do a calculation of a doped compound.  The system is SrI2 doped with Eu.  I have the relaxed geometry (fixed cell volume) from ABINIT LSDA calculations (TM norm conserving pseudopotentials).  Eu2+  is substituted on an isovalent Sr2+ site.

How can I get a DOS from WIEN2K for this geometry using LSDA, LSDA+U and/or any hybrid functionals ?

Also I noticed that WIEN2K creates a case.inst file.  In my calculations with ABINIT the 7 4f electrons of Eu can be specified with an initial spin magnetization of 7 and the host atoms are treated without spin.  what will the .inst file look for this kind of doped system.

I have generated the .struct file which is attached with this post.

Thanks for your time and help.

regards,
Anurag