[Wien] How to connect to supercomputer from linux

Donghui Guo dhguo at cat.hokudai.ac.jp
Fri Nov 28 02:26:30 CET 2008

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Thank you for your reply.
I could connect to the supercomputer by means of "ssh wien.h*.hokudai.ac.jp". It need username and password. After connection, I could start w2web and get the link "http://hop00:7890". I tried to connect either "http://hop00.wine.h*.hokudai.ac.jp" or "http://hop00.h*.hokudai.ac.jp" but it did work.
Should I revise the hostname of w2web from hop00 to hop00.wine.h*.hokudai.ac.jp?
Is it because that firefox cannot execute ssh connection?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Yours
Donghui Guo