[Wien] In and spin orbit interaction

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Sat Nov 29 12:21:53 CET 2008

Thanks Peter, you saved my weekend.

You are right I did a terrible mistake, I copied the inso files from other cases because I was to lazy to edit them,
but those files contained relativistic LO's. Indeed it needs only 3-4 cycles (depending on the compound) after the non-SO scf.

The d state splitting is about 1 eV and nicely seen in our photoemission experiments, in that case a comparison to calculations
without SO looks not very convincing.

The other question was not directly related to the In problem (I only suspected that something was going wrong in that direction),
I observe more often qtl-b errors when doing SO calculations compared to non-SO calculations, even if I do not make the copy-mistake.

Ciao
Gerhard