[Wien] Surface states splitting

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 10 10:53:07 CEST 2008

I've never explicitly shown the spin-splitting.

What you can easily see is that when one adds SO, that the degenerate bands split.

I'm not sure, but I think with the present WIEN2k implementation you cannot easily
get this kind of spin-projection, since there is always some kind of symmetrization.

Eventually it works when you break inversion symmetry and do spin-polarized
calculations (putting M in the correct direction!?), but I'm not sure about
that.

In any case, the bandstructure and the SO splitting is perfectly ok with "normal"
calculations.