[Wien] 'DSTART'error

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat Oct 18 14:38:39 CEST 2008

I'm not convinced that there is any possible reason to do this,

However, if you really believe that this is what you need to do, then
you have to create a proper case.struct file where all the atoms are
different. In the third column of the atom names you need to add a
number, e.g. change "Ti " to "Ti1" for the 1st atom, and similarly for
the 2nd, 3rd... The Wien scripts will then recognize that these atoms
are different and you will need to do a full initialization (i.e.
init_lapw).

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 3:57 AM, fatemeh.mirjani <f_mirjani at ph.iut.ac.ir> wrote:
> Dear all users ;
>
> I want ot use a non-reduced kmesh in my case. for example when the mesh is 2*2*2 I want to have 8 kpoints.
> I create case.struct with just one symmetry operation  (the identity) and run kgen -c (with no inversion)
> but dstart has error:
>
>  'DSTART' - can't open unit: 15
>  'DSTART' -        filename: test.in2c
>  'DSTART' -          status: old          form: formatted
>  What should I do?
>
> Thanks for your guidelines.
> Fatemeh
> --

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering to study the structure of matter.