[Wien] XPS and Case.inc,inm

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Sep 17 12:44:58 CEST 2008

Dear Hossien,

As Peter explained, you simply have to remove half of the core electron
you are interested in.
In the present case your case.inc file exhibit 3 atoms types (2 In and 1 O).
If you want to estimate the binding energy of the 1s states of the
oxygen atom using the Slater's transition state, you simply have to
remove 0.5 in the occupation column :

 1 0.00     NUMBER OF ORBITALS (EXCLUDING SPIN), SHIFT

1,-1,*1.5*               ( N,KAPPA,OCCUP)

 0

And you must then add 0.5 in the case.inm file (that will consist to add
-0.5 extra charge in the density to insure electroneutrality) :

BROYD  *0.5*   YES  (BROYD/PRATT, extra charge (+1 for additional e), norm)

0.40            mixing FACTOR for BROYD/PRATT scheme

0.10  1.00      PW and CLM-scaling factors

P.S. If you have difficulties with KAPPA relativistic quantum number,
look at the user guide p76.

Regards

Xavier