[Wien] problems with ssh/csh (or so) on a cluster

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Sep 17 14:29:11 CEST 2008

Now we start mixing up things (and probably many different test runs
on your side).

You said you can run without parallelization ?

in such a case you MUST be able to run     "x lapw1"  (or,
once you have lapw1.def created by the first   x lapw1 call),
"lapw1 lapw1.def"

the error message is quite obvious:

the file test.vsp does NOT exist !! (of course it does not exist when
you are not in the right directory), but otherwise this file
has been generated by    x lapw0   (this is the step before lapw1 and
you mentioned, it is working ok.

In addition, can you do on your "local" computer:

cd test
x lapw1   (or lapw1 lapw1.def)

if not, try to repeat lapw0:

x lapw0     (if this does not work, you have not completed an initialization,...)

Its impossible to fix a problem from the outside, since I can never imagine
what could have been gone wrong before.....