[Wien] Why ONLY bandstructure can give the image?

Rocquefelte Xavier.Rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Fri Sep 19 09:28:22 CEST 2008

Dear Donghui,

I have no real experience about your problem, but after checking the
source files of Wien2k I found the following information:

- Look in the directory : SRC_w2web/htdocs/exec
- then do "grep gnuplot *.pl"
You will find the program using gnuplot:

dos.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp2 2>&1);
elnes.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp2 2>&1);
fphonons.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot ":eplot" 2>&1);
optic.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp2 2>&1);
optimize.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot ":eplot" 2>&1);
rho.pl:# $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp2 2>&1);
rho_save.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp2 2>&1);
xspec.pl: $umps = qx(cd $DIR;gnuplot $tmp1 2>&1);

You can see than spaghetti do not use gnuplot (look at band.pl to see
the details of spaghetti plot).
This certainly explain why you are only able to plot the band structure
and not the other features (DOS, OPTIC, XSPEC ...).

Hope that the email will help you. Sorry for my previous misunderstanding.

Regards

Xavier

Donghui Guo a ¨¦crit: