[Wien] Why ONLY bandstructure can give the image? --Howto create the link between wien2k and gnuplot?

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Mon Sep 22 09:06:31 CEST 2008

next possibillity is that some library that is needed to convert the graphics files is missing or not accesible
to gnuplot or w2web.

The reason that one plot works but not the other is:
the spaghetti plot uses jpg as intermediate graphics and converts it to ps
the dosplot (for example, others too) uses png as intermediate file format (you will find a file dos1: or similar
that tells how to plot the dos and that contains something like I gave below.)

I have the same problem with just one computer, it is just the one where I did not do the Linux installation,
therfore I do not know what is the difference to all other computers I use.
I guess, that the SUSE was installed without a complete graphical subsystem, for some reasons the
needed library might be available only if one is selecting it by hand (for example I need very often the libtiff and other libraries
for program development and therefore install a lot of things that do not come with standart installation)
or if some KDE programm is installed for strange reasons.

I will let you know when I found out which one it is,
or maybe someone else knows it already.

Ciao
Gerhard

set terminal png
set output "/home/fecher/.w2web/dumbledore/tmp/351231-31188.png"
set multiplot
set data style lines
set xzeroaxis
set xrange [-16:12]
set yrange [0:7]
set xlabel "Energy (eV)"
set ylabel "DOS(States/eV)"
plot  ":dos11" using 1:2 title " total DOS"  w l lt 1 lw 2
replot  ":dos21" using 1:3 title "Co tot"  w l lt 2 lw 4
replot  ":dos31" using 1:4 title "Ti tot"  w l lt 3 lw 4
replot  ":dos41" using 1:5 title "Al tot"  w l lt 4 lw 4
replot  ":dos3"  using 1:2 notitle w l lt 0 lw 2
replot  ":dos4"  using 1:2 notitle w l lt 1 lw 2
unset multiplot
set terminal postscript landscape color "Helvetica" 24
set output "/home/fecher/.w2web/dumbledore/tmp/351231-31188.ps"
replot