[Wien] Theta{ [(2pi/a)* (Gi-Gj)] + G(k,b)}

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 23 11:17:43 CEST 2008

I don't know the exact equations for the Wannier transformation, but I already
told you, that I don't think that G(k,b) should be included in eg. Theta, but
eventually give you a phase factor exp(i k+b r)

Fact is that G MUST BE a reciprocal LATTICE vector, i.e. a vector which moves
any point in rec.space to an equivalent one (to another "unit cell", i.e. adding to
GAMMA a G, leads again to GAMMA).

The vector (0,0,1) is NOT a rec. LATTICE vector, but some other vector in reciprocal space.
adding this vector to GAMMA does NOT give an equivalent GAMMA point.

If you increase your k-mesh (eg. to vectors (0,0,0.25)...) you would also get non-integer
G(k,b), so that can*t work.