[Wien] surface states band

Lukasz Plucinski pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 26 16:20:28 CEST 2008

Are you interested in surface band structure ? Then generally you need
to use Tasks/Bandstrucure.

First create case.klist_band, and run lapw1 -band. Then (optionally)
irrep and lapw2 -band -qtl.

Then you need to edit the file case.insp. There you need to change
'jatom' -- just give the number of the surface atom. Then set "line
switch" to 2 or 3 and plot bandstructure. This way you will see which
states are surface related, and even get the information of the
symmetries !!

To have more control over the plot you need to write your own
programs/macros to plot the data which is stored for example is the file
case.qtl.

Lukasz