[Wien] monoclinic system

Igor Djerdj Igor.Djerdj at mat.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 30 11:19:55 CEST 2008

Dear Wien users,
I am facing myself with the following problem. I want to calculate the band structure for the compound VO(C6H5COO)2 which crystallizes in a monoclinic system, space group No. 5, lattice type CXY. Now, the problem is in a rather high number of independent atoms 20, and the fact is the lattice type CXY is not supported with Wien 2k, according to the manual, page 39. So, when I convert my cif file to struct file, and then run initial programms like space group, it is then changed to another monoclinic system, bt this time gamma is 152 deg, instead of 90. Then, when I run scf all the time it is written gamma not equal 90. Could someone suggest me how to proceed with such space group and lattice type, how to treat the case from the beginning?
Many thx,
Igor