[Wien] lapw2 SIGSEV (9.1)

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Aug 7 13:39:22 CEST 2009

The answer of Intel is found in all release notes of the Fortran Compilers 8.0 and higher:
... On Linux also note that many 32bit  Linux distributions ship with a pthread
static library ibpthread.a) that at runtime will fix the
stacksize to 2093056 bytes regardless of the ulimit setting. To
avoid this problem do not link with the -static option or the
{\it -fast} option. Instead of {\it -fast}, use options: {\it -ipo -O3
-no-prec-div -xP}. This only affects the 32bit {\scshape Linux}
distributions and does not apply to the 64bit {\scshape Linux}
distributions.

Thats why ulimit "something" does not help.

There are different ways, either use an older compiler or use 64 bit Linux.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University