[Wien] Segmentation faults (dstart/lapw2/maybe elsewhere)

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Aug 7 13:40:09 CEST 2009

NO !

Ciao
Gerhard

====================================
Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University
55099 Mainz
Von: wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at [wien-bounces at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at] im Auftrag von Laurence Marks [L-marks at northwestern.edu]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. August 2009 15:01
An: A Mailing list for WIEN2k users
Betreff: [Wien] Segmentation faults (dstart/lapw2/maybe elsewhere)

I'm posting this for reference, mainly because we ran across it on my
older cluster with the more recent ifort and I think the solution was
lost form the Wien2k mailing list.

To avoid them, one needs to ensure that "limit stacksize unlimited" is
correctly set in all possible cases. Depending upon the OS it may be
enough to include this line in your $HOME/.cshrc, but you might have
to add it to $WIENROOT/parallel_options and/or /etc/csh.cshrc.

N.B., It's probably not "right" for siteconfig to do this, some
sysadmins might object, but it might be a useful idea to modify
siteconfig to test this and advise the user to set this up correctly.

--
Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall