[Wien] lapw2 SIGSEV (9.1)

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Aug 7 18:47:55 CEST 2009

sorry if there is a misunderstanding,
the text below is nothing but an original part of the Intel Compiler Release Notes,
my recommendation that I usually give is indeed
... -mp1 (not -mpi) -prec_div etc. ...
(note that Version 11 of the Fortran Compiler has some new switches to control the numerical precision of the calculation,
it usually depends also which type of optimization was selected, if the optimization does not touch the divisions,
there is no need to tell the compiler another time it should not do so. The switches to preserve the numeric precision are mainly
needed together with -O3, -fast or similar)

NO just means that you do not have a chance to have the stacksize larger than 2 093 056 bytes
if your libpthread fixes the stacksize to that or whatever else value,
and it seems you were running just into that trouble.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University