[Wien] cif2struct creates an empty file

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat Aug 29 15:06:10 CEST 2009

It sounds like the programs did not compile correctly. Try (from $WIENROOT)

grep -i "error" */compile.msg | grep -v arguments |grep -v know
or
grep -i "error" */compile.msg

These should both show nothing if everything worked. If they did not,
look at the appropriate compile.msg file. Probably you are missing
some paths to compilers, libraries (I'm only guessing). Quickest would
be to find someone with some unix experience to help.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Jonas Baltrusaitis<jasius_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> To compound the problem I can't even prepare input by following the TiC example from the manual.
>
> After I choose 3% reduction parameter RMT values are still zero
> also
> Number of symmetry operations: generate instead of 48.
>
> Finally, tic.inst is not generated, instead I have a folder with:
>
> :log
> nn.def
> setrmt.struct
> setrmt.struct_setrmt
> tic.struct
> tic.struct_ii
>
> I believe there is something wrong with either compilation or configuration but have no experience to figure that out
>
> would appreciate any help
>
> Jonas

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering to study the structure of matter.