[Wien] Density Matrices with SO Coupling

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Mon Aug 31 09:07:56 CEST 2009

Dear David,

answer to your question depends on whether your system is magnetic or
nonmagnetic. In a nonmagnetic system SO does not lower the spatial
symmetry and density matrix is related to site coordination system. In the
presence of magnetization, z axis is along M, site coordination system is
changed (with some rare exceptions) and density matrix is related to the
new local coordination system.

Regards Pavel