[Wien] Cases of different occupancies of the same crystallographic site by different kinds of atoms

Alexios P. Douvalis adouval at cc.uoi.gr
Mon Dec 7 19:01:08 CET 2009

Hi all
    Can someone give me some suggestion on how to insert in the . struct
file different occupancies of the same crystallographic site by a number
of different kinds of atoms (e.g. substitution cases like Fe2-xCrxO3,
Fe3-xZnxO4 etc...). Do I have to use the supercell program? Can this be
done through the w2web interface? I couldn't find something related to
this issue on the 'StructGen' interface. Do I have to edit the .struct
file? What about vacancies (occupancy <1)?

Thanks in advance

A.P. Douvalis

--
Dr. Alexios P. Douvalis