[Wien] [Wien2k] [Wien2k users] f elements

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 9 07:06:28 CET 2009

> Can we rationalize the cut-off energy of actinide elements to be -4.5 Ry in
> running lstart and rkmax as 8.0 in the input file

If there is no message about   core-leakage   when you run   lstart, it is fine.

Are you doing the calculation for the same magnetic/nonmagnetic state as the one
you want to compare with ??

Usually, for a DOS almost any RKmax is sufficient, the cut-off does not change
anything (although I'd stay with the recommended default -6.0). Of course Emax
must be large enough, otherwise the DOS at higher energes may not match or is missing.

Fine details of the DOS will depend on the k-mesh, but for a rough DOS, 8000k-points
are enough.

> In case, the DOS does not match even when scf converges, what is the first
> change we have to make in the input files?
> What are the variables to look for
> Do we have to
> 1. Change the rkmax
> 2. Change the cut-off