[Wien] FW: FW: [Wien2k Users] ENE Warning

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at UGent.be
Fri Dec 18 10:13:54 CET 2009

> I am considering f-states in case of actinides like U and Pu.

For U and Pu, the 5f states are above -0.5 Ry in the free atom. They are
automatically treated as valence states, and it makes no sense not to do
so. The 4f states are at -25 to -30 Ry. They are excellent core states,
and it makes no sense to treat them as valence states.

Stefaan