[Wien] FW: FW: [Wien2k Users] Structure Gen for beta-Uranium

wmppemam at lg.ehu.es wmppemam at lg.ehu.es
Fri Dec 18 19:13:20 CET 2009

Beta Uranium has 5 symmetry independent atoms in the unit cell. Structgen
generates 8 atomic positions from the first atomic position, because
indeed this position has multiplicity 8, and there other 7 atoms related
by symmetry with it.

Before doing any calculation, please, try to understand a bit with some
graphical program or other crystallographic tool the structure you are
studying.

Regards,

J. Manuel Perez-Mato
Fac. Ciencia y Tecnologia,