[Wien] Running/starting Wien2K on Windows Vista

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Mon Jul 27 16:45:44 CEST 2009

On the subject of cygwin, has anyone got Wien2k running on cygwin in
XP/Vista? (I tried briefly with XP and gave up, crashed for anything
except very small calculations.) If anyone has it working, what are
the timings like?

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Ivas  Toni<toni.ivas at mat.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Why you don't try cygwin? It is linux environment for windows.
> You can also install all necessary programs for the compilation of
> Wien2k (you will need g95, math-libs, perl for w2web....)
> Then after you only follow the instructions in the manual for
> installation of wien2k on the linux machine.
>
> Regards,
> Toni

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering to study the structure of matter.