[Wien] Error in lapw1para_lapw script causing errors when running parallel lapw2

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jun 17 16:59:25 CEST 2009

Testing this in TiC with 47 k-points:

4 lines in .machines; granularity:1

testpara_lapw   produces:

1 : homer(11) 11k
2 : homer(11) 11k
3 : homer(11) 11k
4 : homer(11) 11k
5 : homer(11) 3k

and also x lapw1 -p / x lapw2 -p runs fine.

It produces 5 !!! klists, the latter one with the remaining 3 k-points and the
"fastest" cpu will get this junk.

So from my point of view it works perfectly well.

 > Indeed I am using $SCRATCH variable. I've also checked -it switch and it
 > works with k-points splitted 2/2/2/2/1  on 4 cpus.

No, you cannot use iterative diag, because with 4 lines in .machines, but
actually 5 !! junks, you don't know on which computer the 5th junk will be executed
(it will be the fastest, but that can change from iteration to iteration and you will
not have an old vector file.