[Wien] a question about lcore

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 29 13:14:14 CEST 2009

In WIEN2k core states are considered as core only when they do not significantly
leak out of the atomic sphere. This is tested during initialization and a warning
is issued, which one should not neglect.

Thus we calculate the core density only inside the atomic sphere (and request that
it contains "all" core electrons). The "tail" charge of a WIEN2k core should be zero.

I admit, it is for long time on my agenda to extend the radial mesh a bit and get core
electron densities also beyond the atomic spheres. These densities would than be needed
to get superposed by a "dstart" step. It would release the requirement of having
no core-leakage (for small sheres) and to include deeper core states as semicore using
a local orbital.