[Wien] PDOS and total DOS of atom

Hong Jiang jiang at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Mar 4 09:09:05 CET 2009

I think this is related to the fact that PDOS is calculated by
projecting occupied  Kohn-Sham orbitals to  the LAPW basis, in which,
the angular quantum number "l" for each atom is from 0 to lmax ~10).
For the atom P, although the s and p are dominant contributions, there
are also small high-l components contributions. If you sum over all
l-components of PDOS, you will get total PDOS of the P atom.