[Wien] using suspend/resume schdeuler policy with WIEN2k para

Florent Boucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Mar 4 15:48:26 CET 2009

Dear Wien users,
I would like to know if somebody already succeed in managing
suspend/resume policies that can be used on PBS, SGE or LSF with the
parallel version of WIEN2k.
The problem I have actually is that using either rsh or ssh for remote
task, the suspend command (SIGTSTP) that is sent on the parent process
by the scheduler, is not forwarded towards the child processes. So, you
think that your job is suspended but it is not...

Does anybody have a solution or an alternative ?
With LSF it works if one use 'lsrun -m' instead of ssh/rssh but the
scheduler I have to work with at the moment are SGE and PBS.
Regards
Florent

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssinière           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |