[Wien] I2/a to b2/b space group

E.A.Moore E.A.Moore at open.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 18:52:48 CET 2009

LDA is known to underestimate band gaps. However have you checked that the internuclear distances are the same for your two structures? The a value for b2/b is a lot larger than the c value for the I2/a structure.
You could try using P1 and entering all the atoms in the unit cell and see what symmetry WIEN2k picks up.
Or put the space group number which is the same for I2/a and C2/c.

You don't get exactly the same results for the same unit cell described by different space groups but I doubt if it makes a difference of 0.7 eV in the band gap.

Dr. E. A. Moore
Reader in Theoretical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry and Analytical Sciences
The Open University