[Wien] spin and orbital moment of vanadium

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Tue Nov 3 07:37:06 CET 2009

Dear Zhijian WU,

I recommend first to run the calculation without U (then L and S should
be antiparallel) and only after it converged switch on the correlation.
The reason is that LDA+U stabilizes the occupied states. If you switch it
on from the beginning there is a danger that incorrect states will be
stabilized.

Regards
Pavel