[Wien] spin and orbital moment of vanadium

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Wed Nov 4 08:05:56 CET 2009

Dear Zhijian,

I have suggestion, which I am using sometimes, but it is a bit tricky.
Suppose you somehow know the final ground state of the system. You are
then able to calculate how the electrons in this state are distributed
i.e. you may calculate corresponding population matrix. From it
you calculate orbital potential using orb with sufficiently large U. This
orbital potential will stabilize your selected state, so you proceed by
runsp_lapw -orbc
After it converges you may release orbital potential to see whether your
selected state is stable.
Regards
Pavel