[Wien] Absolute excitation energy in the x-ray absorption spectra calculation

Lily Anh lily_physics at yahoo.com.sg
Mon Nov 23 11:28:47 CET 2009

Dear all,

I am wondering about how to get the absolute excitation energy in the x-ray absorption calculation with Wien2K.

Take the oxygen K edge XAS for example.
1) I get the 1s electron orbital energy from case.outputst, say 515 eV
2)add the energy value above Fermi level, say 5 eV
3) add they two together, then get 520 eV

However, the experimental excitation energy is 535 eV. Is my calculation wrong?

Any reply will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards & Thanks

Lily

Ph D candidate