[Wien] WIEN2k_9.2 - missing function in lapack_lapw + cputim for IBM/AIX wich xlf

Juergen Spitaler juergen.spitaler at unileoben.ac.at
Fri Oct 2 17:17:55 CEST 2009

Dear Prof. Blaha!

We have just finished to compile WIEN2k_09.2 on our IBM/AIX cluster
with an xlf fortran compiler and the options "-O5 -qarch=pwr5 -q64".

We encountered the following problems/missing parts of the
new package:

- the lapack routine "dsytri", which is used in the new version of the
  SRC_lapw1/jacdavblock.F, is missing in liblapack_lapw

- the routine cputim_aix.f (together with the timing routines for
  many other architectures), which was included in the previous versions
  of WIEN2k, is missing now. For this reason in many  SRC-directories
  the compilation stopped with an error
  (SRC_lapw0, SRC_lapw1, SRC_lapw2 , SRC_mixer, SRC_dstart , SRC_qtl ,
  SRC_aim , SRC_optic , SRC_lapdwdm , SRC_lapwso  , SRC_irrep  , SRC_joint)

Other minor system specific issues+fixes:

 - SRC_pairhess:  Error "constrain.f", line 293.30: 1513-041 (S)
   Arguments of the wrong type were specified for the INTRINSIC
procedure "max".
   => fixed by changing line (add "d0" to first argument) to:
     t=Enormal/max(0.0005d0,w2(k))

 - SRC_2Doptimize: "setup2D.f", several error messages like
   "line 121.0: 1515-010 (S) String is missing a closing delimiter ..."
   => fixed by changing in the respective lines "\" to "\\"

 - SRC_eosfit6: mysterious compile errors
   => fixed by using a maximum optimization of -O2

Best wishes,
Juergen