[Wien] Eigenvectors

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Oct 9 18:37:58 CEST 2009

> I am looking for the eigenvalues and eigenvectors at the high symmetry points.
>
> using WFPRI in case.in1 produces an ASCII  case.vec file in addition to the binary case.vector
> that contains the eigenvalues and eigenvectors. How are the eigenvectors organized ?
> (Note: the manual tells the output goes to case.output1, but this was changed obviously)

The WFPRI still goes also to output1. You should see the list of
K-vectors + coefficients and from this it should be obvious how
case.vect is organized.

> WFPRI is not an option for case.inso
> How is the binary file case.vectorso organised
> Is there an easy way to extract the eigenvalues from  case.vectorso ?

You have to print the eigenvectors in either lapwso (or lapw2 (when it
reads the coefficients in readvec). They have the same organization as
non-so vectors, but of course each eigenvalue has a spin-up and dn vector.

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna
Getreidemarkt 9, A-1060 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43-1-5880115671