[Wien] password problem

John Rundgren jru at kth.se
Tue Oct 20 11:42:19 CEST 2009

Dear all,
I can no longer make "runSCF" because of a password problem. The reason may be that my Ubuntu has been automatically updated to include some extra security. Therefore, I consult User's Guide 11.3.1 about firewalls.

I use a single PC. The terminal window of my home directory shows "Penelope:~>", so I assume that "user at w2web_host" is equal to "user at Penelope".

When stating
ssh -fNL 2000:w2web_host:7890 user at Penelope
the answer is
user at penelope's password:   (Here, penelope is written instead of Penelope. A significant difference?)

When using Penelope's password, I'm thrown out:
Permission denied (password,publickey).

[Penelope' password has the form "abcd.efg", and w2web's password in Penelope is chosen "abcdefg", because w2web doesn't accept the point. None of these passwords works.]

Help is greatly appreciated. I shouldn't like that my WIEN2k career is finished.
Best,
John

John Rundgren
Department of Theoretical Physics, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH),
AlbaNova University Center, SE-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
fax +46 8 5537 8216, voice +46 8 5537 8171,
home page http://www.theophys.kth.se/~jru