[Wien] password problem

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Tue Oct 20 16:20:48 CEST 2009

One comment: capital letters in computer/user names create chaos, the
unix philosophy is to ALWAYS use lower case for these. You may be able
to get around this by using the IP number (instead of Penelope),
localhost or 127.0.0.1. However, other things in the OS may be broken
and it is probably safest in the long term to change the computer
name.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Ricardo Faccio <rfaccio at fq.edu.uy> wrote:
> Hi John
> One question:
> Do you have this problem only for w2web?
> or
> Do you have this problem running from shell?
> Regards
> Ricardo
>  Dr. Ricardo Faccio
>  Prof. Adjunto de Física
>  Mail: Cryssmat-Lab., Cátedra de Física, DETEMA
>  Facultad de Química, Universidad de la República
>      Av. Gral. Flores 2124, C.C. 1157
>      C.P. 11800, Montevideo, Uruguay.
>  E-mail: rfaccio at fq.edu.uy
>  Phone: 598 2 924 98 59
>             598 2 929 06 48
>  Fax:    598 2 9241906
>  Web:  http://cryssmat.fq.edu.uy/ricardo/ricardo.htm
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rundgren" <jru at kth.se>

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.