[Wien] SCF Parallel running error with core hole modification using TELNES

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Oct 24 20:08:01 CEST 2009

ALWAYS: when a scf-calcuation has finish, use "save_lapw" to save these
results. (this removes the *broyd* files, which contain the density
history).
Then you can make a change (like a core-hole) and run another scf-cycle.

Guess what "mixer" should "think", when he had converged a density and
suddenly he gets a completely different density. How should he
extrapolate the next mixed density ?

Peter Blaha
Inst. Materials Chemistry, TU Vienna
Getreidemarkt 9, A-1060 Vienna, Austria