[Wien] MAE

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Fri Sep 18 09:04:28 CEST 2009

Dear Bothina Hamad,

calculation of MAE in 3d metals is tricky and I recommend using the same
set of k-points to calculate it. Run symmetso for a general direction
(a,a,b) and you can then use the set klist both (001) and (110). If the
MAE is small the 'force' theorem make the calculation easier (you converge
calculation without s-o, then run lapwso, lapw2up/dn for two M directions
and take the difference of eigenvalue sums). Nevertheless, always check
the dependence on the number of k-points.

Regards Pavel