[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Generation of parabolicfit_lapw script

Gerhard Fecher fecher at uni-mainz.de
Thu Apr 1 09:17:32 CEST 2010

The
 parabolfit_lapw
script should be in youre Wien2k programm folder, it generates the necessary files and calls eosfit6.

Check the script about the switches you need to run it and how it works.

in 2D cases (parameter -t 2) it might appear that '*a+c*.scf' does not work, then just
use '*.scf' but take care that there are no other scf files in youre folder with the calculation.

The problem seems to be the + character in the filename, that is not recognized.
It also does not allow to open the files from W2WEB (I did not check why ?)
As a workarround I just replaced $scf in the sript by '*.scf' for the 2D option:
  grepline_lapw :ene '*.scf' 1 -s | cut -c40- >$file.ene
  grepline_lapw :lat '*.scf' 1 -s | cut -c36- >$file.latparam

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University