[Wien] spin orbit coupling

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 06:51:11 CEST 2010

Dear Wien2k users,

                            I have a basic question regarding spin-orbit
coupling. To implement this we set the magnetization direction (say 001) in
case .inso. My question is which magnetization is this corresponds to?

as far as I know spin-orbit spliiting occure in the core states due to the
interaction of magnetic field felt by electron in its rest frame (due to
nucleus electric field and electron motion) and the spin magnetic moment of
the electron. Any response will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

with regards,

Shamik Chakrabarti