[Wien] [Wien2k Users] QTL Warning for Fe_cubic_Space Group 225

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Wed Apr 7 05:15:58 CEST 2010

Hi Kurt,
Thank you very much for the help. I have one last (hope so!!!!) querie on
this aspect.
When actually do we have to incorporate LO's in case.in1?
1. When the *******WARNING****** message comes? You mention that "The reason
for changing the values is that I wanted to tune the linearization energies
as much as possible to the 'real' energies, in order to be sure to lose the
warning".
2. To make the value of ENE more accurate?
3. Does such incorporation of LO's really matter when we consider
lanthanides?
4. As suggested by Stefaan (Guide) we have to run using in1new switch, then
we automatically get the linearization energies. Is the same thing true for
lanthanides 5. In cases of lanthanides, there is one LO for L=3 and one for
L=2 in the default case.in1. Can we, in similar way add one more LO for L=2
in such a case.
6. You also mention that QTL warning can be actually ignored, but I have
found that it does give an error in the DOS calculations unless our case.scf
file is free of any such warnings.
The issue is when to make such changes?
Any suggestions would be of great help.

Thank you once again Kurt,