[Wien] [Wien2k Users] Files to be removed for internal coordinates minimization

Ghosh SUDDHASATTWA ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
Mon Apr 19 13:00:43 CEST 2010

Dear Wien2k Users,

I had considered a 2x2x2 supercell and followed the approach

1. min_lapw

2. optimize.job

3. mini

I was considering a system with three different tyoes of atomic positions.
Surprisingly the following happened

When I ran mini for the first time, it converged successfully. When I tried
to change the structure file again with the same coordinates before mini, it
gave the message

"forces/energies may not be consistent"

I tried changing the TOLF parameter ( from default 2.00 to 0.50)  and also
the default options; like -nohess, it gave the same message.

However, I had removed the case.inM file and tmp file before starting the
minimization again.

Can anybody tell me why this happens and if I have to remove any more files.
I am just not able to figure out the problem.

What are the things to look for when such a message comes and what are the
possible changes to make.

I need to change the PORT option because it had converged when I ran mini
for the first time.

Any suggestions would be of great help.

Suddhasattwa Ghosh