[Wien] install wien2k on netbook

Richard Clements rcle6782 at chem.usyd.edu.au
Tue Apr 20 05:26:16 CEST 2010

I have had success installing WIEN2k 9.2 on a 900 MHz Celeron ULV netbook
(ASUS eeePC 900, 2 GB ram, 20 GB SSD)
running
Ubuntu 9.10
and Intel Fortan Compiler 10 + MKL. The largest issue, in my opinion, is
that the compiler does not have CPU specific optimisations for Celeron.
Otherwise the compile was no more complex than any other
serialised install.
WIEN2k runs fast enough on my netbook to converge c-ZrO2 on a 1000k-point
mesh but for bigger systems you'll want to use a more powerful system to
run the SCF cycle.

Regards,

Richard