[Wien] Electron density at the nucleus (Electron capture nuclear decay rate work)

Pavel Novak novakp at fzu.cz
Wed Apr 21 16:58:09 CEST 2010

let me comment. I do not recommend to use the Lundin-Eriksson functional.
While the contact hyperfine field for 3d atoms is improved, we realized
that it violates important sum rule for the exchange-correlation hole,
which is imposed by the density functional theory. This brings several
shortcomings e.g. incorrect energy of the core states. I doubt that any
local or semilocal Vxc can provide reliable value of the core density at
the nucleus. For bcc Fe Akai and Kotani (Hyperfine Interactions, 120/121,
3, 1999 obtained good contact field using the optimised effective
potential method, but this is computationally expensive.
Regards
Pavel Novak