[Wien] LMO for LSMO

Lukasz Plucinski pluto at physics.ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 26 17:47:18 CEST 2010

Dear Prof. Blaha and WIEN2k users,

Of course I always use w2web :) I was manipulating sphere sizes to avoid
leakage of Mn atom, I don't know what went wrong, but its unimportant now.

Today I started calculation from the scratch in a new directory. I used
automatic RMT calculation in StructGen, then I needed to use -8 Ry in
lstart to avoid Mn leakage.

I set 56.7 for La charge, and in case.inst I did:

La
Xe 2
5, 2,1.0  N
5, 2,0.0  N
6,-1,1.0  N
6,-1,0.7  N

This has reproduced the recently published LDA result from J. Phys.:
Condens. Matter 21 (2009) 266002. So far so good !

How much will I gain from including the GGA+U ? I am mosty interested in
realistic Fermi surface.

Regards,
Lukasz