[Wien] A Valid .machines file

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Apr 29 15:19:01 CEST 2010

There appears to be a bit of confusion here, the different formats
mean different things:

Case 1:
1:nx80:8

This uses mpi which means that lapw1_mpi & lapw2_mpi as well as some
appropriate mpirun must all have been compiled.

Case 2:
1:nx80
1:nx80

This runs a number of tasks using lapw1, lapw2 in parallel on the same
node, hopefully using different cores.

2010/4/29 Xueli Wang <wxlhust at msn.com>:
> Dear Suddhasattwa,
> A file named stderr should be existed in this address but does not appear in
> your computer.
> Best Regards,
> Xueli
>

> ________________________________
> From: ssghosh at igcar.gov.in
> To: wien at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:14:20 +0530
> Subject: Re: [Wien] A Valid .machines file
>
> Dear Xueli,
>
> Thanks for the mail
>
> It works well but there is a message in the STDOUT
>
> /dev/stderr: no such device or address
>
> What does this mean
>

> SG
>
> ________________________________

Laurence Marks
MSE Rm 2036 Cook Hall
2220 N Campus Drive
Northwestern University
Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Tel: (847) 491-3996 Fax: (847) 491-7820
email: L-marks at northwestern dot edu
Web: www.numis.northwestern.edu
Chair, Commission on Electron Crystallography of IUCR
www.numis.northwestern.edu/
Electron crystallography is the branch of science that uses electron
scattering and imaging to study the structure of matter.