[Wien] Doubt in mpi running of Wien2K

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Aug 5 09:03:50 CEST 2010

Please read the UG (section about parallelization).
There is no k-parallelzation using mpi.

PS: Did you set a local SCRATCH directory ? Using a suitable $SCRATCH all
big files should go to a local disk.
PPS: Check the input sections of lapw0,1,2 for the switch to reduce further the
size of the outputX files.
If this does not help, your cluster is an "unusable" machine.
PPPS: If k-point parallel does not work, most likely also mpi will not work, because
also in this case you need to be able to write/read files reliably.