[Wien] Bethe-Salpeter Equation

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 1 12:19:51 CET 2010

Dear WIEN2k users,

BSE calculations, both for valence excitonic effects or for ELNES/XANES are quite demanding
calculations. They require a large cluster with a fast mpi-interconnect (Infiniband).

Furthermore, at present the code is not documented and not easy to use, because it requires
the understanding of several details, both from the physics point of view as well as from the
computational knowledge.

For all those reasons, we do not intend to release the BSE code to everybody in the near future.

However, if you have a good and physical sound problem, we may be interested in a collaboration
and you can contact us directly (either pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at or rolask at theochem.tuwien.ac.at)
for further details.

Best regards
Peter Blaha