[Wien] Help_Fine_grid_mpi_parallization

Manish Kumar manishbabu11 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:40:31 CET 2010

Dear Prof. Blaha & other WIEN users

I am running wien version 2010  with ifc fortran compiler and mkl math
libraries on a computer cluster which is shared memory SUN Enterprise
M9000 with 80 SPARC-VII CPU cores at 2.52 GHz with 256 GB of RAM.
I have no problem to run any program serially on it.
But while running the program in parallel within Fine grained MPI
parallelization, we need .machines file in the working directory. This
file is to be created by qsub-wienjob_lapw in $WIENROOT and/or
qsub-job0_lapw. I couldn't understand qsub script for fined grid
parallization.
Please help to write the qsub script or give some suggestions sothat I
run programs in parallel mode also (i.e. with switch -p).
Thanks in advance.

With regards-
Dr. Manish Kumar
Asstt. Professor