[Wien] sum of eigenvalue

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Dec 10 09:08:02 CET 2010

No, state-tracking is not implemented.

Summing up eigenvalues "by hand" is not that easy for a metal.

You need to consider the different weights for different k-points, and
you need to consider that near EF some eigenvalues will not necessarily have
occupation 0/1, but better "integration methods" like TETRA or TEMP(S)
( and not the primitive "root-sampling" which you attempt) will
lead to partial occupations of those states.

For sure, SO can change the occupation of some states and I don't see
anything "bad" by that.